Network and Send/Receive Notes Settings|
Notes: You should restart the program to apply the Network and Send/Receive Notes Settings.
Double-click on the Notes PP desktop icon and select 'Properties -> Administrative tools'.
Click the 'Network and Send/Receive notes Settings ' button.
'Receive notes' options
- 'Receive all notes'
- 'Ask about receiving notes'
- If you do not want to receive any notes, select the 'Block all incoming notes' option. In this case the program doesn't listen to the specified port (by default port 905)
- 'Beep when receive note'
- 'Read received notes'
Use Net Send if can't send notes
If a recipient you want to send a note to:
- doesn't have Notes PP or another MoRUN.net program
- they have a program version earlier than Secure Reminder 9.0, NotesPP 9.0, MoRUN Sticker 9.0, Sticker Lite 6.0 or Free Sticky Notes 6.0
- the program on the recipient computer is not running
You can select the 'Use Net Send if can't send notes' option to send a note as a message using the Net Send. The Net Send utility is used to send messages to other users/computers on the network. A sender must have Windows NT/2000/XP to use this feature. A Recipient must have Messenger service started (for Windows NT/2000/XP) or running WinPop program on Windows 95/98/Me. For more information about Net Send click here
Notes PP listens to port 905 by default
If you change the port number, you need to provide your friends with a new port number.